Here is Sobeys, Price Chopper, Fresh Co. and Foodland Canada coupon policy (I received this response after asking them about coupon acceptance in their stores):
We accept original coupons for products we sell, providing the coupon is intact and legible, proper size of item is purchased, coupon has not expired, has a coupon offer code or UPC, and it contains a Canadian redemption address.
We accept one coupon per item. Coupon amount may not exceed purchase price of item.
Internet coupons may be accepted if they meet the above and the following criteria:
- There must be a picture of the product on the coupon.
- The printed coupon must not be blurry.
- The face value of the coupon cannot exceed $5.00 off.
- We do not accept free product internet coupons.
- The expiry date should not exceed 6 weeks from the day it was printed. All internet coupons will have an expiry date visible.
- The coupon must have a Canadian redemption address.
- The coupon must have only one UPC (i.e. bar code).
- The coupon must say “INTERNET COUPON” to be legitimate.
In regards to BOGO/B1G1 items, a coupon may be accepted for the item purchased but not for the free item.
I hope this clarifies our policy. Coupon acceptance is at the discretion of store management. Please feel free to speak with the Store Manager should you have any other concerns or questions.
If you found this helpful, please share it with your friends and family by clicking one of the social share buttons below (or at the top-right of this post)!