Recipe for Dill Pickle Potato Chips.
I LOVE making homemade potato chips, and dill pickle is my absolute favourite! This homemade potato chip recipe is not only healthier than the bags of chips you’ll find in stores, but it’s also really easy and quick to make a batch of this snack!
You can customize your chips any way you’d like, too. Some other good chip flavours: salt & vinegar, cheddar cheese, plain salted, salt & pepper, etc. There are so many possibilities!
Dill Pickle Potato Chips
- 1 Medium Russet Potato
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Olive Oil, Optional
- Slice your potato very thin (using a mandolin, if possible) and soak the slices in cold water until all of the starch is gone (the water will be clear).
- Dry your potato slices very well (I usually press them between some clean dish towels).
- Put 1-2 paper towels on a large plate and put the potato slices on top, making sure they do not touch each other. Brush with olive oil, if desired, then sprinkle with salt and chopped, fresh dill (you can add other spices, too, if you want!).
- Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, then flip the slices over and microwave on high again, for another 3-4 minutes. If they are still not crispy enough, cook for another minute or two, until they are finished. Keep your eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Repeat with remaining potato slices.