Recipe for Baked Sesame Chicken.
We are not big potato lovers.. we actually prefer rice when it comes down to a decision on what starchy food we want to eat.
I actually love many kinds of asian food, but sesame chicken and chicken stir-fry are my favourites. This is a combination of the two of them.
Baked Sesame Chicken
- Servings: 4
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 Cup Corn Starch
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip in cornstarch and then eggs.
- Brown chicken (don’t cook all the way through) and then place in a large baking dish.
- Mix together ketchup, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder, and pour half over the chicken.
- Bake for 50 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Add the remaining sauce to a small pot and cook on medium heat until thickened.
- When chicken has finished cooking, serve with thickened sauce and top with sesame seeds.