Whenever we have ripe bananas in our house, we either freeze them for fruit drinks, or make them into this delicious banana bread.
This bread is good for breakfast (with some fruit) or on it’s own. I like to be bad and smother butter all over mine, but it’s also good without the butter.
I used chocolate chips for the recipe when I took this photo, but you can easily just omit those if you want.
Banana Bread Recipe
- Servings: 2
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed (1 1/2 – 2 Cups Worth)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5 inch pan.
2. Cream sugar and butter until smooth.
3. Add flour, eggs, baking soda and mashed bananas and stir until just combined.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.