Don’t be scared – I promise that these delicious, fudgy brownies taste nothing like black beans. Just chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!
Black Bean Brownies Recipe
- Makes about 12 brownies.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Cups Canned Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed Well
- Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray a 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Process black beans in a food processor until smooth. Add eggs, oil, cocoa, sugar, salt, vanilla and baking powder. Process again until very smooth. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and pulse just a few times.
3. Pour batter into the baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool completely, and then cut and serve (vanilla ice cream is a brownie’s best friend).