Whole Wheat Raspberry Buttermilk Pancakes.
I often don’t like to cook in the morning (I’d rather keep it simple with cold cereal, oatmeal or toast!), but this is one of those recipes I make time for. They are well worth a bit of effort!
You could easily substitute raspberries for strawberries, blueberries – even chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless.
Whole Wheat Raspberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Serves 4.
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 2 Eggs
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, melted butter and milk in another, smaller bowl. Mix well.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined. Fold in the raspberries.
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick spray (or use a bit of butter) and heat over medium.
- Pour the batter into the pan, with a 1/4 cup scoop. When bubbles start to appear on top of the pancakes (2-4 minutes), flip them over for another 2-4 minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished with maple syrup and more fresh raspberries.