Recipe for Buttercream Frosting.
I love making cakes and cupcakes and have never really been quite fond of the frosting you buy in stores. I have been making my own homemade buttercream frosting for years now and it is honestly the best icing ever!
I do still get the icing in stores if it is free after coupons, as it comes in handy if I’m out of icing sugar or another important ingredient for this recipe.
- Makes enough for 24 cupcakes.
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 3 Drops Food Colour (Optional)
- Beat butter in a medium bowl until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add half of icing sugar, mix until combined, then add the other half and do the same.
- Add 3 drops of food colour to your frosting, if desired.