Chicken Chili Recipe.
We must make chili at least twice a month in the fall and winter. It’s one of our favourite meals to keep us warm when it’s chilly outside.
We often serve it with warm, crusty bread or Lime Tostitos (they are delicious). Yummy!
You could easily swap out the chicken for ground beef or turkey, if you wish.
Chicken Chili Recipe
- Servings: 4
- 2 Large Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Green Or Red Pepper, Cut Into Bite-Size Pieces
- 1 Small-Medium Onion, Minced
- 1 Large Can Red Kidney Beans, Rinsed Well
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Small Onion
- Pinch Of Salt
- Pinch Of Pepper
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Cooked and Shredded
- 3 Celery Stalks, Cut Into Bite-Size Pieces
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Basil
- 2 Teaspoons Oil (Vegetable, Canola, Olive)
- Handful of Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (Optional)
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon of oil and add celery, onions and pepper. Cook until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Add diced tomatoes, kidney beans, cayenne pepper, basil, garlic powder and cumin to your pot, mix, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Shred your chicken breasts, add to pot and cook for an additonal 20-30 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.