Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Makes 8 enchiladas.
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Cups Pasta Sauce (Store bought or homemade pasta sauce)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Cooked & Shredded
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 8 Flour Tortillas (Store bought or homemade tortillas)
- 1 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions, Chopped (Optional)
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Sour Cream (Optional)
- Salt & Pepper (Just a dash of each)
1. In a medium saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons oil and cook 2 garlic cloves for about 3 minutes (or until browned). Add 3/4 cup chicken broth, 1 1/2 cup pasta sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 8 minutes. Set aside.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Cook onions until soft and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken, cumin, basil, cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup pasta sauce and 3/4 cup chicken broth. Cook 5-6 minutes. Set aside.
4. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Add about 1/3 cup chicken mixture to each tortilla and roll it up. Place into baking dish and repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with sauce and cheese.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Top with sour cream and/or green onions if you wish.