Recipe for Chocolate Avocado Cookies.
I know what you’re thinking. How can a chocolate cookie with avocado not taste anything like avocado? My answer is this: it’s possible! These cute little chocolate cookies don’t need butter, but instead, healthy fats, like avocado and coconut oil.
They’re delicious, and I promise you that they taste nothing like avocado!
Chocolate Avocado Cookies
Adapted from: Two Peas & Their Pod
Servings: 12 Cookies
- 1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Mashed Avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Almond or Soy Milk (I used almond)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silplat baking mat and set aside.
- in a large bowl, cream together sugar, coconut oil and avocado. Add in the cocoa powder, milk, vanilla, salt, and baking powder and mix together. Add in flour and mix again, making sure to combine all of the ingredients very well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix together with a spoon.
- Roll into balls and then add to cookie sheet, pressing down on them slightly. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until completely set around the edges.
- Cool completely (or a minimum of 10 minutes).