Recipe for Stuffed Shells.
Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Servings: 3
- 12 Jumbo Shells
- 1/2 Onion, Minced
- 10oz. Frozen Spinach, Thawed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded or Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- Boil water and cook shells until they have just a bit of bite left to them (al dente).
- While the shells are cooking, cook onions and garlic in oil over medium heat – then add in the ground beef. Once the beef is cooked, add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil. Simmer on low, covered.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, spinach, mozzarella, egg, and parmesan.
- Once shells are cooked, rinse them under cool water so you can handle them without burning yourself. Fill the shells with the cheese mixture and place in a baking dish (give it a quick spray with non-stick cooking spray first).
- Cover shells with half of the meat sauce and then cover dish with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes. Serve with additional sauce on top.
GD Star Rating