Chocolate Swirl Cake
- Servings: 12
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and lightly flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Chop chocolate into small pieces and set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, sour cream and eggs until combined. Mix well.
4. Spread half of batter evenly into pan, sprinkle with half chopped chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cover with remaining batter, chocolate and cinnamon. Run a knife through batter a few times to swirl chocolate.
5. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.