Crock Pot thyme Chicken
- Servings: 2
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into halves
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 tablespoons flour
1. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Drain and crumble. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the following order: onions, bacon, carrots, garlic, thyme, pepper, chicken, and broth. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
3. Remove chicken and vegetables to a plate. Ladle 1/2 cup cooking liquid into small bowl. Mix reserved liquid, tomato paste and flour until smooth. Return sauce mixture to slow cooker and stir. Add the chicken and veggies back to the sauce. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until thickened.
4. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Posted on, October 12, 2010