Homemade Tortillas Recipe
- Servings: 2
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 3/4 cups of warm milk
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and oil. Then, slowly add the milk. Stir until a loose, sticky ball has formed.
2. Knead the ball for two minutes on a floured surface then place in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth for 25 minutes.
3. After the dough has rested, break off eight sections, roll them into balls and place on a large baking sheet. Cover the balls with plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
4. After dough has rested, place a ball on a floured surface, pat it out into a four-inch circle, and then roll with a rolling pin until it’s thin and about eight inches around.
5. In a large skillet, heated on med-high, cook each tortilla about 25 seconds on each side. When you see the tortilla start to puff up – it’s done.