Lemon & Olive Chicken
- Servings: 6
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- Half lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pitted green or black olives
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. In large skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken and transfer to plate.
2. Add remaining oil to pan. Fry onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, and salt over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Return chicken to pan. Add broth, lemon juice, and sugar. Arrange lemon slices over chicken. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, occasionally spooning sauce over chicken, for 12-15 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and olives. Cook, uncovered, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.