Recipe for Cheese Breadsticks.
We love bread sticks in our house and this recipe is one of our favourites. These go great with a large salad, but we have also served them with pasta, with soup… and just on their own.
- Makes 30 breadsticks.
- 1 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Active Yeast
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Cheese Of Your Choice, Shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Mix together water, sugar, salt and yeast. Allow yeast to activate for about 8 minutes and then add flour. Stir until a large ball forms. Knead lightly for about 5 minutes.
- Divide into 30 equal portions and on a floured surface, roll out into bread sticks.
- Dip breadsticks into melted butter and then cheese. Place on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil. Allow breadsticks to rise for about 15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.