It took me years to finally create a chocolate chip cookie that was just the way we liked them – crisp around the edges and chewy on the inside. Unfortunately, all of my experiments failed miserably. Some cookies were WAY too chewy, while others were more like cake.
Finally, a few months ago, I came up with the perfect chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve eaten way too many of these cookies over the last few weeks. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Makes 1-2 dozen (depending on the size)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 1/2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 325F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Then add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and mix again. Add flour, baking soda and salt to the bowl and mix together just until blended.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Form cookies and place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes in the pre-heated oven.