Minestrone Soup in the Slow Cooker.
This is one of our favourite soup recipes. We try to make this soup at least once a month, but if we can get the produce cheap enough, we will make it more than that.
Leftovers of this soup also taste great!
Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Servings: 4
- 1/4 Onion, Minced
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 2 Cups Small Pasta, Cooked
- 2 Large Carrots, Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Chunk of Parmesan Cheese Rind
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Kidney Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- In a slow cooker, combine tomatoes, beans, broth, onions, celery, carrots, herbs, garlic, parmesan cheese rind, salt & pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- About 35 minutes before the soup is finished, add spinach and cook for another 25 minutes – then add cooked pasta, cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove parmesan cheese rind and ladle soup into bowls. Top with extra parmesan cheese.
GD Star Rating