Stovetop Shepherd’s Pie
- Servings: 4
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Large Potatoes, Peeled & Cut Into Quarters
- 1lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Large Onion (Or 1 Medium), Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Soya Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Cups Frozen Vegetables Of Your Choice
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 1 Can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (Optional)
1. Boil potatoes in a large pot until tender.
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess fat and stir in diced tomatoes, basil, mixed vegetables, tomato paste, and soya sauce. Cook for an additional 10 minutes on low heat.
3. Drain potatoes and mash them together with your butter, pepper, and milk until they are creamy.
4. Scoop mashed potatoes onto plates and pour the meat mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.