Recipe for Tomato Tart.
- Makes 4 large pizza-size slices.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Dash of Salt
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 7oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Herbs (We Use Basil and Parsley)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix salt and flour in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture has a cornmeal consistency.
- In separate bowl, lightly beat egg and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Pour egg mixture to flour mixture and mix until a non-sticky dough forms.
- Knead dough into a ball and then roll out into a 14 inch circle. Transfer dough to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread mustard over the unbaked crust, leaving about an 2-inch border.
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on the crust. Add garlic over tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Add a dash of salt and your dried herbs.
- Top with sliced mozzarella cheese and add a bit more basil.
- Bring edges of crust up over the edges of tomato and cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
GD Star Rating