Recipe for Lemon Cookies.
I make these cookies every year to give as Christmas gifts and they are a huge hit each time I give them away. I’ve actually started making some extra batches to keep at home, though, because we love them too!
These cookies and soft, sweet and tangy – all at the same time. They are delicious!
Glazed Lemon Cookies
- Makes 2 Dozen Cookies.
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened (Unsalted)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line some baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put lemon zest and sugar in a large bowl and mix together until the sugar turns a nice yellow colour. Add butter, vanilla and egg and mix until smooth. Add flour, salt and baking powder and mix until well blended.
- Add dough by tablespoonful onto baking sheets and bake for 13 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely and then mix together your powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Dip cookies into glaze (or drizzle some onto the cookies, if you prefer) and wait about 10 minutes for the icing to set before serving.