Recipe for Healthy Sugar Cookies.
Sugar cookies are a staple at most Christmas parties – mine included. It’s really the only time I allow myself to indulge in these very sweet, very bad-for-me cookies. Instead of limiting myself to Christmas, I was determined to come up with a recipe that was healthy enough that I can make it all throughout the year – and I did it!
These cookies are sweet, but not overwhelmingly sweet, like most sugar cookies are. They’re soft, delicious, and best of all – easy to make!
Healthy Sugar Cookies
Servings: 8-10 Cookies
- 1/4 Cup Butter (I used Earth Balance Spread), Melted
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Milk (I used almond milk)
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine all ingredients (every single one!) into a large bowl and mix very well, until you can form the dough into a ball.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface, then use a cookie cutter to cut shapes.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Allow to cook completely.
- Eat them the way they are, or spread frosting on top (1 cup icing sugar, 2-4 tablespoons milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 4-5 drops food colouring).