You know how people often say that homemade is always better than store-bought foods?
Those people are right.
This homemade lasagna is SO simple to make and is always delicious. The great thing about this recipe is that you can do so much to it. You can use other types of ground meat, you can add spinach or other greens – make it your own!
Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- Servings: 4-6
- 1 Package Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Cups Tomato Sauce (We use our Homemade Pasta Sauce)
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
2. Cook the ground beef until it is browned, then add in your tomato sauce and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
4. Add a bit of sauce to the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan (or you can spray it with cooking oil) to prevent the first layer of noodles from sticking.
5. Add cooked lasagna noodles to the pan (4 or 5 is usually good), then add your meat/tomato sauce mixture and a generous handful of mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until all of your ingredients (except parmesan cheese) are gone.
6. Add parmesan cheese to the final layer of lasagna.
7. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Remove foil from the pan and broil for another 3-4 minutes (just to add a nice browning on top).