Recipe for Lentil & Cauliflower Rice Tacos.
This is one of my favourite meals of all time. If I could eat these tacos for dinner every night, I think I could do it – they are that tasty! You really don’t miss the meat in these tacos, either. The cauliflower rice and lentils do such a good job of making these tacos hearty and filling.
Give them a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Lentil & Cauliflower Rice Tacos
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Brown Lentils
- 1/2 Large Head Cauliflower
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Using a food processor or a box grater, make your cauliflower rice. With a food processor, process pieces of cauliflower until it looks like pieces of rice. Do not over-process. If using a box grater, grate the cauliflower until it looks like pieces of rice. Set cauliflower aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add cauliflower rice and cook until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add chili powder and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils, cumin, pepper and salt. Cook for about 2-3 minutes more, or until everything is heated through.
- To serve: Add about 1/3 cup of mixture to a tortilla and add your favourite toppings such as cheese, lettuce, avocado and tomatoes! Adjust salt & pepper to taste.