Recipe for Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers.
I love stuffed peppers. They’re simple to make, there are so many varieties you can put together, and when done right, they can be very healthy!
These Mexican quinoa stuffed peppers are simple, delicious and fun to make!
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa (1/4 Cup Uncooked)
- 1 Medium-Large Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels (frozen is fine)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Cilantro for Garnish, if desired
- Cheddar Cheese (I use Daiya shreds), Optional
- Vegenaise, Optional
- Chopped Green Onions, Optional
- Preheat your oven 350F.
- Chop the tops off of your bell peppers, cut them in half, remove the seeds, and rinse well. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook about 5 minutes , until fragrant and translucent. Add garlic, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- If using frozen corn kernels, add these to the pan and let cook for about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except bell peppers, Vegenaise, cheese, chives, and cilantro.
- Scoop the quinoa mixture into your bell pepper halves. Top with cheese, if you want it, then cook for about 30 minutes, or until the pepper has softened.
- Top your stuffed peppers with Vegenaise, cilantro, and green peppers, if desired. In the photo, I topped mine with homemade guacamole and cashew cheese!