I used to always buy hot chocolate mix from the grocery store every winter because I didn’t know just how simple it was to make myself.
One day a friend of mine showed me a website with a bunch of different hot chocolate recipes. I tried many of them, and picked a few things from a handful of recipes that I liked to create this one recipe for myself.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Servings: 6
- 6 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 Cup Powdered Milk
- 1/3 Cups Crushed Peppermint Candies or Candy Canes
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- Marshmallows (Optional)
- Combine sugar, salt, cocoa powder, peppermint candies, powdered milk and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Mix together well.
- Mix 1-1/2 cups boiling water with 1/3 cup hot chocolate mix. Stir until chocolate chips have melted. Top with marshmallows if you wish.