Recipe for Quinoa Vegetable Soup.
Simple Quinoa Vegetable Soup
Adapted From: The PPK
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (Canola or Olive – Vegetable would work, but it’s not as healthy)
- 1 Small Onion, Minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup Tomatoes, Chopped Small
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Large Carrot, Peeled + Chopped Small
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Cups Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Edamame, Shelled
- 1 Cup Kale, Washed and Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, Washed and Chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomato, cumin, and basil, and cook for another 2-3 minutes more.
- Add quinoa, carrots, bay leaves and 2 cups of vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Continue boiling for about 5 minutes, then add the remaining 2 cups of broth, 2 cups of water, black beans, edamame, kale and parsley. Bring to a boil, then remove lid and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked completely.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, garnished with crackers, tortilla chips, avocado, parsley, or whatever else your heart desires.