Veggie Quinoa Chili.
I think this may be my new favourite way to eat chili.
After discovering quinoa a few months ago, I’ve been adding it to everything. It works wonderfully in this veggie chili!
Quinoa Veggie Chili Recipe
- Servings: 10
- 1 Can Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 Can Kidney Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Quinoa, Cooked
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2-3 Carrots, Peeled & Chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red or Green), Chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrot, chopped pepper and celery. Cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
2. Add kidney beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, quinoa, basil, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
3. Reduce heat to low-medium and cook for about 35 minutes.
4. Top with any toppings you like (I always put unflavoured yogurt and cheddar cheese on mine!).