Recipe for Crepes.
Words cannot accurately express how much I love this recipe. We make it a few times per month and it is AMAZING every single time. Raspberries and chocolate are two of my favourite things, and I also happen to be a huge fan of crepes – so why not combine all 3 and make a super yummy dessert?
You could certainly swap out the raspberries for strawberries if you want. I’ve done that as well and it’s equally as delicious.
Raspberry Chocolate Crepe Recipe
- Servings: 4
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
Filling & Topping
- 3/4 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream, Whipped
- 3/4 Cup Cream Cheese, Softened
- 4 Cups Raspberries, Sliced
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Cup Chocolate, Melted
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Slowly add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the butter and salt, and beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on to the pan, one at a time, for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion to cover the entire surface evenly.
- Cook each crepe for about 2 1/2 minutes, or until the bottom is light brown. Flip, and cook the other side.
- Blend the lemon juice, lemon zest, cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- To make the raspberry sauce, add sugar, cornstarch and raspberries to a small pot. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the pot. Cook on medium-high heat.
- Stir, stir and stir some more, until you have a nice, thick sauce (this takes about 10 minutes).
- Strain the sauce into a bowl, leaving just the seeds behind.
1. Fill each crepe with 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture and as many raspberries as you’d like.
2. Roll each crepe and top with more raspberries and another small scoop of the cream cheese mixture.
3. Drizzle melted chocolate and melted raspberry sauce over each crepe.