Recipe for Ricotta & Cauliflower Pasta.
In an effort to change things up with our usual (almost) weekly pasta dish, I was experimenting in the kitchen last week to try to create a new pasta that was easy to make, inexpensive, and of course – tasty.
Luckily, I came up with something just so on my first try. Now we have a new pasta recipe if the regular dish with red sauce just doesn’t excite us one week.
Ricotta & Cauliflower Pasta Recipe
- Servings: 4
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 4 Cups Pasta
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Large Cauliflower, Cut Into Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat in a large pot over medium heat and add butter. Once butter has melted, add onion and garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add wine, chicken broth, parmesan cheese, cauliflower, lemon zest and thyme. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Add 1 cup of pasta cooking water to the vegetables. Drain pasta and add to veggies. Mix in ricotta and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.