Recipe for Shredded Chicken Salad.
This salad is one of our favourites. It’s not your typical salad with some greens, tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette (although that’s good, too!) – no, this salad has chicken, tomato sauce and lots of spices. It is bursting with Latin flavour!
You could also serve the chicken over rice instead of lettuce – that’s delicious, too!
Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe
- Servings: 4
- 1 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Medium Pepper, Seeded and Minced
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet on low-medium.
- Cook chicken until tender, about 8 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and shred into strips.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in the same pan you cooked your chicken and add garlic and peppers. Cook until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to your skillet and scrape up all the yummy chicken, garlic and pepper bits. Add shredded chicken, tomato sauce and spices and let simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over lettuce and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.