A perfect meal for any cold winter (or fall) night, this beef stew is super easy to make and tastes delicious.
I love it when my slow cooker is the one making dinner and not me!
We prefer this stew with chicken broth, but beef broth is tasty as well.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Servings: 4
- 2 Pounds Stewing Beef
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Medium Carrots, Peeled & Chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 Medium Potatoes, Peeled & Chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme
- 4 Cups Beef or Chicken Broth
1. Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add meat, sprinkle with salt & pepper and brown on both sides (don’t cook all the way through, though!). Transfer meat to slow cooker and add garlic and onion to the frying pan (add a bit of oil if you need it). Cook until browned, then add to slow cooker.
2. Add the rest of your ingredients to slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low for about 6-7 hours.