Recipe for Slow Cooker Curried Vegetable Soup.
I’ve never been a big fan of Indian foods, until about 6 months ago, when I had the most amazing curried vegetable soup at an Indian restaurant I was dragged to.
I’ve been trying to replicate it ever since – and I think I’ve finally got it (and I no longer hate Indian food – I have tried other recipes and loved them, too)!
Slow Cooker Curried Vegetable Soup
- 1 Teaspoon Oil (I used Canola)
- 1/2 Small Onion, Minced
- 1 Medium Russet Potato, Chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 Cups Tomatoes (Fresh or Diced)
- 1/2 Head Medium Cauliflower, Chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Cups Chickpeas, Rinsed Well
- 1 Medium Pepper, Chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Once heated, add onion, and cool until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and saute until browned.
- Add curry powder, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic. Combine well, and then remove the mixture to your slow cooker.
- To your slow cooker, ad vegetable broth, chickpeas, cauliflower, pepper, and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high. (It was about 3 hours for me.)
- Stir in the coconut milk and baby spinach. Mix well. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes more. Serve.