Recipe for Croutons.
We have been enjoying lots of salad now that the weather is warming up. I don’t know what it is about the warm weather that makes me want to eat salad all the time. I crave it like crazy!
Along with our homemade balsamic dressing (which I will be posting the recipe for in the next few weeks), we often top off our salads with homemade croutons. Not only are they much cheaper than the store-bought variety, but I find that they taste much better as well.
- Makes as many as you want!
- Stale Bread
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried Herbs Of Your Choice (We use Basil, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt & Pepper)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Cut stale bread into small, bite-size pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto to bread pieces and then sprinkle with herbs.
- Mix so that all croutons are evenly covered in oil and herbs.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.