Spicy Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Makes 6 servings.
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Bottle Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Cook and shred chicken breasts (I grilled them, but you could also bake them or put them in the slow cooker). Add barbecue sauce and hot sauce to shredded chicken and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Add sweet potatoes to a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. When oven is heated, cook sweet potatoes until tender (about 45 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Cut each sweet potato in half, scoop out the insides, and put them into a large bowl.
- Mix sweet potatoes with chicken mixture and scoop into sweet potato skins. Top with shredded cheese and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.