Recipe for Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups.
I’ve been wanting to make homemade fruit roll-ups for so long, that when I finally had a big batch of strawberries a few weeks ago, I decided to tackle this recipe. I’m so happy I did, too, because they turned out amazing!
I can’t wait to experiment with more flavours, such as blueberry, blackberry, mango and peach. Yummy!
Strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups
Servings: About 12 Rolls
- 8 Cups Strawberries, Washed and Hulled
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Puree strawberries in a food processor or blender and then add to a small saucepan on the stove (you can strain the seeds first, if you want – I didn’t).
- Add the juice of 1 lemon and your 1/2 cup sugar to the strawberry puree. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the water starts to evaporate (about 20 minutes).
- Once the water has evaporated, you should have a jam-like consistency. Spread this mixture onto a Silplat baking mat or parchment paper (on a baking pan, of course), and bake at 170F (no higher than 200F) for about 3 hours, or until the top is tacky, not sticky.
- Remove from oven, cool, and roll into strips.