Recipe for Sweet Potato Falafels.
Sweet Potato Falafels
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Large Handful of Fresh Basil
- 1 Large Handful of Fresh Parsley
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Roast whole sweet potatoes for about 45 minutes, or until fork-tender. Allow to cool, then remove the skins.
- In a large bowl, add sweet potatoes, lemon juice, basil, parsley, minced garlic, cumin, chickpea flour, salt & pepper. Mash together until very smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F this time, then start forming your falafels and place on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the bottoms of the falafels have browned nicely.
- Eat them just as they are, or add to a tortilla or pita with some fresh veggies. Top with tahini and/or hummus.