I was never a fan of ribs until my husband made these for dinner one night. Now? I’m hooked!
These ribs take a bit of time to prepare, but the time investment is well worth it. They are delicious.
Sweet & Spicy Pork Back Ribs Recipe
- Servings: 2
- 1 Slab Pork/Baby Back Ribs
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
1. Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
2. Season ribs generously with spice mixture. Keep in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
3. Put a drip pan half-filled with water into your barbecue. Heat grill on high until very hot, about 10 minutes.
4. Turn off middle burner and turn outside burners to medium-low (cook with indirect heat).
5. Put ribs on grill, bone side down, close lid and cook for 1 hour. Do not lift up the lid before that hour is up.
6. Slather barbecue sauce on ribs, close lid and cook for another 30-45 minutes.
7. Check with a meat thermometer (between the bones). Internal temperature should be right around 185F when the ribs are done.