Recipe for Zucchini Muffins.
These zucchini muffins are to die for. Healthy, delicious and super simple to make!
We had a little mix-up in our garden this year. We like to start all of our plants from seed inside over the winter. And, you see, zucchini and cucumber look rather similar as itty bitty baby plants. So, when we planted in early spring, I thought we planted 5 cucumber plants and 2 zucchini.
But low and behold – we have 5 zucchini plants. With each plant producing a zucchini every day or two, we have zucchini for friends, family, neighbours, and any one who should happen to be passing by!
My kids are not the biggest fans of zucchini by it self, but we have found a few great ways to use up our zucchini, get the health benefit into our kiddos, and they love it! This is one of our favourite recipes right now – zucchini muffins. It is so moist and has the perfect amount of sweetness.
The best part? My kids love it because they “can’t taste the zucchini at all!”.
Servings: 12 Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons Yogurt (any flavour, or Greek works too)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup Grated Zucchini
- Grease a muffin tin with oil (or non-stick spray) and preheat the oven to 325F.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, stir together the egg, oil, applesauce, yogurt, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Add your grated zucchini and fold until spread throughout the batter.
- Spoon into 12 muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.