What is frugal living? Frugal living is the key to spending less money and living a more enjoyable lifestyle. Be frugal and live better for less! Learn how to make the best of what you have, so you can save and invest more. Create a frugal living budget and spend your money on the things that matter most.
We have many frugal living ideas for saving, spending and everything in between. If you want to live a life free of debt and worry, frugal living is for you.
- Why Frugality is the Key to Living Your Dream Life: Frugal living will save you money and improve your quality of living. Being frugal is the way to go if you want to live a fulfilled life at a reasonable cost!
- Being Frugal vs. Being Cheap: There is a huge difference between being frugal and being cheap. They are not the same thing. It’s important to understand those differences in order to save money and live better.
- Is it Expensive to Have Children?: Of course, the answer to this is yes. In this article I share some of my ideas on how to make the cost of having children more manageable. You can still have a baby and not spend much money.
- How to Have a Successful Yard Sale: Yard sales are a great way to not only make money, but clear a bunch of clutter out of your home, as well. If you want to make a ton of cash at your yard sale, this article is a must read.
- How to Shop at Thrift Stores: To save the most amount of money at thrift stores, there are many steps you have to take and a few “rules” to follow. Read this article to learn how to shop at thrift stores.
- 4 Reasons You’re Overspending on Groceries: If you’re overspending on groceries, these are 4 reasons you are likely doing so. Read this article to find out why you’re overspending.
- Don’t Do These 5 Things While Grocery Shopping: To avoid spending too much at the grocery store, don’t ever do these 5 things while shopping…
- How to Price Match Meat at Walmart: Did you know that you can price match fresh (and frozen) meat at Walmart? You can! Here’s how…
- Shoppers Drug Mart Mega Bonus Redemption Shopping Tips: If you are planning to redeem your Shoppers Optimum points during a Shoppers Drug Mart bonus redemption, read this post first for tips on what to buy. It will help you earn MORE points back!
- 7 Foods That Will Help Stretch Your Grocery Budget: This list of 7 foods will help you stretch your grocery budget so you don’t have to spend so much on groceries each time you shop. The list may surprise you…
- How I Save Money on Produce: Do you want to learn how to save money on produce? Read this article to learn tips and tricks for saving on fruits and veggies.
- Canada’s Yearly Sales Cycle: Stores follow a yearly sales cycle and you can save mega money if you are familiar with it. Read this article to learn the best time to buy certain produce, clothing, patio furniture, barbecues, toys and more.
- Little Known Ways to Save Money at The Grocery Store Without Using Coupons: There are many ways that you can save money on the grocery store without using any coupons at all. Scanning code of practice, price matching and more! Read this article and start saving money!
- What Are Mail in Rebates and Money Back Guarantees?: Are you wondering what a mail in rebate is? What about a money back guarantee? Both of these things are explained in this article. Save your money!
- Canadian Rewards Programs: There are many Canadian Rewards Programs out there, but there are only a handful that you should bother with. Here is a list of the best rewards programs in Canada.
- How to Organize Your Shopping Trip: This article gives you tips for organizing your shopping trip so you are in and out of the store quickly (while saving a bunch of money in the process).
Special Events & Holidays
- How to Throw a Frugal Kids’ Birthday Party: Kids birthday parties can be expensive if you’re not careful. Here are some tips for throwing a frugal birthday party for kids, including food and decor ideas.
- 17 Frugal and Fun Summer Activities: Want to have fun this summer without spending a lot of money? Check out this list of 17 frugal and fun summer activities!
- 6 Ways to Have Fun This Summer – For Free: Having fun doesn’t need to involve money. There are many ways to have fun this summer without spending a single cent. Read this post for 6 fun summer ideas.
- Frugal New Years Eve Ideas: Save money this new years eve! This article lists many frugal new years eve ideas that are fun and inexpensive.
- How We Save Money During the Christmas Season: Frugal living is for holidays, too! Saving money during the Christmas season is easy. Don’t go into debt. Here is a list of ways that we save money during the Christmas season…
- Frugal Halloween Costume Ideas: Are you looking for frugal Halloween costume ideas? We’ve got you covered. Check out this post for fun, frugal Halloween costume ideas.
- Frugal Father’s Day Gift Ideas: Give thoughtful and meaningful gifts to dad this year, without spending a fortune on them. Here are some frugal gift ideas for Father’s Day. Dad will love these frugal gifts!
- Frugal Mother’s Day Gift Ideas: Give mom the gifts she really wants this Mother’s Day! Here is a list of mom-friendly frugal gifts.
- Frugal Pantry Items You Should Have: Do you have these frugal food items in your pantry? You could be saving mega money if you keep these items on hand at all times!
- 21 Little Known Ways to Go Green at Home: Frugal living means going green (to an extent). This article shares 21 ways that you can go green at home, which will end up saving you lots of money. Help the environment and save money all at the same time. What do you have to lose?
- How to Stockpile Meat & Produce: Stocking up on meat and produce when it’s on sale is one of the best ways to save money on your grocery bill. This article shares tips for stocking up – when to do it, how much to spend and how much you should stockpile.
- How to Have a Backyard Barbecue on the Cheap: If you’re having a bunch of friends and family over for a backyard barbecue, but don’t want to spend very much money on the food, read this article. You will save tons of money and have a great time!
- 13 Stains and How to Remove Them: Here is a list of 13 common stains and instructions on how to remove them. Have a stain? No problem! We can help.
- 36 Ways to Use Vinegar: Did you know that vinegar will clean your shower better than any shower cleaner out there? Vinegar is a frugal staple that everyone looking to save money should have at home. Here is a list of 36 ways to use this frugal item. This is what frugal living is all about!
- How to Build a Grocery Stockpile: Building a grocery stockpile is one of the best things you can do for your finances. You can have thousands of dollars worth of groceries on hand at all times and only pay a fraction of that price for it all. Learn how to build a grocery stockpile with the money-saving tips and tricks in this article.
Cooking & Food
- Frugal Breakfast Ideas: Looking for breakfast ideas that won’t cost a lot of cash and will leave you feeling full for hours? Save money on breakfast with these frugal breakfast ideas.
- Frugal Lunch Ideas: Do you pack a lunch each day or do you go out to eat because it’s convenient? Try these frugal homemade lunch ideas if you want to save money.
- Frugal Dinner Ideas: Instead of grabbing takeout or stopping in at your favourite local restaurant for dinner tonight – try one of these frugal meals for dinner. Your wallet and your stomach will thank you.
- Frugal Dessert Ideas: You don’t have to skip dessert if you’re looking to save money. This list of frugal dessert ideas will please anyone and won’t cost you much at all.
- How to Save Money With Menu Planning: Menu planning and frugal living go hand in hand. Menu planning is a fantastic way to save money on groceries. This article clearly explains why you should start menu planning and how to do it (with step-by-step instructions).
- How to Save Money with Freezer Cooking: Another great way to save money on groceries is with freezer cooking. Cook extra meals, freeze, and have food in the freezer the next time you don’t feel like cooking!
- Save Money by Cooking From Scratch: You can save a ton of money when you cook from scratch. And on top of that, it’s much healthier for you than buying pre-packaged grocery items. Here’s how to start cooking from scratch.
- How I Plan Weekly Menus: I plan weekly menus because it saves my family a ton of money every year. This article shares the steps that I take when I plan my weekly menus. Want to start saving on groceries? Read this!
- 9 Rainy Day Activities That Don’t Cost Anything: Rainy day? No problem! There are many things you can do to have fun, even when it’s raining. Here’s 9 of those things.
- Frugal Vacation Ideas: Vacations don’t have to be expensive. Here are a bunch of frugal vacation ideas that will allow you to have a great time for very little money.
- Frugal Entertainment Ideas: Even if you are trying to be more frugal, you should still allow for entertainment in your budget. That’s right – even if you are trying to save money or pay off debt, you are still allowed to spend money on yourself! Here are some frugal entertainment ideas you may enjoy.
More Money Saving Tips
- 5 Things You Should Always Buy at Yard Sales: You can find some pretty awesome things at yard sales these days. But there are some things you should ALWAYS buy when you see them, because you can’t get them cheaper anywhere else.
- 5 Things You Should Never Buy at Yard Sales: Just like there are awesome things to buy, there are also bad things for sale at yard sales. Here are 5 things you should never buy at yard sales…
- Lose Weight on a Budget: a How-To Guide: Are you trying to lose weight but can’t afford a gym membership or access to a weight loss program? Read this article for tips on losing weight on a budget – weight loss doesn’t have to be expensive!
- 70 Frugal Living Tips to Save Money (Part 1): Here are 26 frugal living tips for saving money at home, including using a slow cooker, making homemade cleaners and getting organized.
- 70 Frugal Living Tips to Save Money (Part 2): Here are 19 frugal living tips for saving money on transportation and groceries, including washing your own car and buying generic groceries.
- 70 Frugal Living Tips to Save Money (Part 3): Here are 26 frugal living tips your finances, for saving money on entertainment and other frugal tips. There are so many ways to save money – read this article to find out what they are!
- How to Save Money at Yard Sales: Shopping at yard sales can be a great way to save money. Here are some tips for saving even MORE money…
- Over 200 Ways to Save Money on Just About Everything: This is an extensive list of over 200 ways to save money on food, electricity, entertainment, clothing, and so much more. Learn how to save money on just about everything!
- How to Save Money on Clothing: Want to save money on clothing? This article is a must read!
- How to Save Money on Transportation: Transportation doesn’t have to be costly. Here are a few ways that you can same money on your transportation costs.