Ahhh coconut oil. One of my most favourite items. There are so many different coconut oil uses – that stuff is amazing, I tell ya!
You can use coconut oil in the kitchen, of course, but did you know that you can also use it as a beauty product? As a health product for cuts and scrapes? You can even use coconut oil on your baby and your pets. It’s a miracle product, really.
If you don’t have a jar of coconut oil in your home, go and pick one up! You are missing out on some good stuff.
25 Remarkable Coconut Oil Uses
- Replace butter and oil in cooking/baking.
- Make homemade diaper rash cream.
- Fade age spots by applying coconut oil directly to the spot.
- Use coconut oil as aftershave to avoid clogging pores and treat razor burn.
- Make your own homemade body scrub.
- Apply to bug bites to stop the burning and itching.
- Soften your lips by applying a bit of coconut oil to them.
- Make your own homemade deodorant.
- Apply to a cotton swab and use to remove makeup.
- Use to prevent dry, cracked nipples during breastfeeding.
- Have a sun burn? Apply coconut oil to get some relief.
- Make your own homemade toothpaste.
- Breastfeeding? Coconut oil increases your breast milk supply.
- Cure nausea by applying coconut oil to the inside of your wrist and forearm.
- Apply to cuts, bites and dry skin on your pets (or yourself!).
- Coconut oil helps sedentary dogs feel energetic! Also helps them to lose weight.
- Eliminates or reduces bad breath on dogs.
- Mix equal parts coconut oil and baking soda and use as your very own “Goo Gone”.
- Polish furniture by mixing coconut oil and a small amount of lemon juice together and applying to your furniture.
- Make your own homemade soap.
- Rub coconut oil onto your pregnancy belly to help sooth itchy skin.
- Remove “cradle cap” by applying coconut oil to your baby’s head a few times.
- Make your own homemade vapor rub.
- Soothe eczema by rubbing coconut oil onto it.
- Soften your feet by massaging coconut oil into them.
Can’t you see all of the amazing things that coconut oil can do? Like I said, if you don’t have any in your home, go out and get some. You won’t be sorry!
Do you use coconut oil in your home?