At the beginning of January, I shared my goals for 2013 and promised you all a monthly update so you could check in on the progress I’m making.
1. Read at least 2 books each month. Done! I read Suddenly Frugal and The Procrastination Equation (really needed to read this one, I am terrible with procrastination).
2. Organize 1 room in the house each month. Done! We organized (somewhat) the garage and the cold room. We also came up with a plan for organizing the office closet.
3. Go through all personal and family photos and print photo books.
4. Plan my days the night before. I failed this one big time.
5. Exercise at least 3 days each week. I managed one day per week… sometimes. Cold weather makes me lazy.
6. Create at least 2 DIY projects each month. I bought the ingredients for a few projects I want to try, but I didn’t get around to doing them yet. I was sick twice this month, for extended periods of time, so I spent a lot of time in bed.
7. Focus on implementing 1 good habit per month. I did this! My good habit for February was to drink 8 glasses of water each day. Right now I’m at about 7.
1. Go on 2 mini vacations.
2. Go camping at least once.
3. Go up north at least twice.
4. Go on an evening walk each night we are at home. My multiple sicknesses made this very hard to accomplish. I don’t think we went for more than 2 or 3 evening walks.
1. Go on 1 vacation for at least 5 days.
2. Have at least 1 date night each month. We went out to dinner (using a gift card from Christmas!) while my mother-in-law watched the kids.
1. Create and stick to a yearly expenses budget for 2013. We created it and have stuck to it so far.
2. Create and stick to a home updates budget for 2013.
3. Fully fund both tax-free savings accounts.
4. Put at least $15,000 extra toward our mortgage.
Did you set goals for 2013? Please share your progress with me!